How to See the Model Number on the Ship’s Anchor Bow Shackle?
1. What is the marine anchor bow shackle?
The anchor bow shackle is a kind of rigging. Marine anchor bow shackles commonly used in the Chinese market are generally divided into three categories according to production standards: Chinese standard, American standard, and Japanese standard; among them, the American standard is the most commonly used because it is widely used because of its small size and large load-bearing weight.
(1) According to the type, it can be divided into G209 (BW), G210 (DW), G2130 (BX), G 2150 (DX);
(2) According to the shape, it can be divided into bow type (Omega shape) with mother ship anchor bow shackle and D type (U type or straight type) with mother ship anchor bow shackle;
(3) According to the place of use, it can be divided into two types: ship and land use. The safety factor is 4 times, 5 times, 6 times, or even 8 times (such as the Swedish GUNNEBO super ship anchor chain attachment shackle).
Its materials are carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, high-strength steel and so on. The surface treatment of the anchor bow shackle is generally divided into galvanizing (hot-dip galvanizing and electroplating), painting, and dacromet plating.
2. American standard marine anchor bow shackle
Most of the American standard marine anchor bow shackles produced and sold in China are produced in accordance with the American Crosb marine anchor bow shackle standards. American standard marine anchor bow shackles are smaller, lighter, and have a higher safety factor than Chinese national standard marine anchor bow shackles and Japanese marine anchor bow shackles.
The body and lateral pin of the American marine anchor bow shackle are made of 40Cr, but most of the American standard marine anchor bow shackles in China are forged with No. 45 steel, and the lateral pin uses 40Cr.
The surface treatment of the anchor bow shackle is generally galvanizing or painting. The standard shackles have a total of 21 specifications including 0.5T, 1T, 1.5T, 2T, 3.25T, 4.75T, 6.5T, 8.5T, 9.5T, 12T, 13.5T, 17T, 25T, 35T, 55T, 85T, 120T, 150T, 200T, 300T; and four models of 209, 210, 2130, 2150.