(1) The anchor bow shackles are not allowed to be stacked, let alone stacked under pressure, to prevent the anchor bow shackles from deforming.
(2) When the anchor bow shackle is cracked and deformed, it is strictly forbidden to repair the anchor bow shackle by welding and heating and bending.
(3) The surface of the anchor bow shackle should be protected against rust, and it is not allowed to store in acid, alkali, salt, chemical gas, humidity, high temperature environment.
(4) The anchor bow shackle should be kept by a dedicated person and stored in a ventilated and dry place.
(1) When the shackle body of the anchor bow shackles is twisted more than 10^, the parts should be replaced or scrapped.
(2) When the anchor bow shackle is corroded and worn more than 10% of the nominal size, the parts should be replaced or scrapped.
(3) When the shackle body and pin shaft of the anchor bow shackle have cracks after flaw detection, the parts should be replaced or scrapped.
(4) When the shackle body and pin shaft of the anchor bow attachment shackles are obviously deformed, they should be scrapped.
(5) When there are cracks and cracks in the anchor bow shackles, the parts should be replaced or scrapped.
The selection of anchor bow shackles is generally based on standards or product catalogs. If you need to design calculations or calculate the anchor bow shackles of unknown tonnage.
Mostly adopted method: 1 shackle of anchor chain body is regarded as half of the chain link and calculated according to the bending formula of the curved beam; the lateral pin is calculated according to the fixed concentrated load at both ends.
This work is undertaken by engineering and technical personnel. If temporary selection is made for workers or on-site, it will be difficult and unsuitable. The calculation formula must be simplified to obtain an approximate formula to meet the needs of on-site selection in time.
Need more info about our anchor & chains?
WAC is here to help!